Filter Change Reminders
Need a helping hand to give you a reminder of when to replace your air filter? Sign up for our email reminders. You'll also get seasonal tips on improving your indoor air quality to help your home stay cleaner, fresher and healthier.
The rule of thumb for standard filters is to replace them every 30 to 90 days. Follow these guidelines for pinpointing how often you should change your air filter(s):
- Single occupant without pets or allergies: 3 to 6 months.
- “Average” home without pets: 90 days.
- One dog or cat lives in the home: 60 days.
- Two or more dogs or cats live in the home: 30 to 45 days.
- Allergies or other respiratory problems: 30 to 45 days.
Other factors such as nearby construction or higher air pollution levels may require more frequent filter changes as well. When in doubt, check the filter monthly and change it when it appears dirty.