Clean air checklist
Spring cleaning the whole house, not to mention your indoor air, can feel like a big job. To make the task easier, tackle one thing at a time with this checklist.
- Reduce clutter by tossing items that can collect dust, such as old newspapers, magazines, mail, and clothing.
- Cover mattresses, box springs and pillows with special casing to block dust mites.
- Never leave cars running in an attached garage. Fumes can leak into your home even if the garage door is left open.
- Regular grooming of your pet helps control pet dander and loose hair.
- Help prevent mold by keeping relative humidity between 30-50%. Inexpensive monitors are available.
- Cleaning window screens is easy – remove, hose off, and let dry in the sun.
- Replace vacuum cleaner bags when full to keep suction at maximum power.
- Window treatments collect a lot of dust. Choose washable curtains when redecorating.
- Shower curtains need cleaning too – toss them in the washer to keep them fresh.
- Ventilation helps reduce moisture and helps prevent mold – keep bathroom ventilation fan running.
- Change your Air Filter to help clean the air you breathe.